Hatfield is seeking an experienced, technically strong and driven individual to join the leadership team of our water resource group and grow our water services in our Fort McMurray office, and complement our teams in Vancouver and Calgary.
The successful candidate will possess significant experience and technical expertise in at least one of the following disciplines:
- Water Management;
- Water Resource Engineering; or
- Water quality modelling.
The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of the environmental consulting market in Alberta and an interest in developing business related to these water disciplines.
Location: Fort McMurray, AB – This is a full-time permanent position.
Technical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of water resource specialists and technicians responsible for conducting technical work, including hydrologic, hydrogeologic and climate baseline characterization, water resource evaluation, modelling and impact assessment, and operational compliance monitoring studies.
- Manage projects, including: serving as primary client contact; preparing or reviewing reports and documents; general meetings/presentations with/to clients and regulators/interest groups; scheduling; budget development and tracking; and providing technical or regulatory guidance and advice to developers and engineers.
- Participate in the development and implementation of local business development and marketing plans.
- Lead the preparation of technical and financial proposals as required for current and prospective clients.
- Provide senior technical support and collaborate with biologists, ecologists, ecotoxicologists, and other project specialists to implement multi-disciplinary projects.
- Assist with projects in other Hatfield departments and offices including the Environmental Monitoring and Assessment (EMA) and Infrastructure and Environmental Management (IEM) groups.
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with Hatfield senior managers and partners on financial and human resource management issues.
- Manage, mentor, and train employees.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Ensure compliance of Hatfield’s Health and Safety Management Plan, the law, and client health and safety protocols, as well as compliance with Hatfield’s Quality Management Plan and external requirements and regulations.
Education and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience and success in marketing and business development.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to lead/mentor new and existing staff.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a high standard of scientific rigour to all projects and deliverables.
- Aptitude and experience in management and administration is essential, including financial and human resource management.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in large, multi-disciplinary teams.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of ten years managing water resource components of resource-based projects.
- Demonstrated experience developing business and managing growing teams.
- Eligible or have a professional designation (e.g. PEng, PGeo, PAg, etc.).
- A relevant educational background in hydrology, hydrogeology or engineering, with emphasis on the disciplines noted above.
- Experience operating in a dynamic consulting environment that requires leadership, flexibility, and teamwork.
- A sound working knowledge of Provincial and Federal environmental legislation and environmental impact assessment methods is considered an asset.
Reply in confidence with a cover letter and resume describing your experience through the online form or email at firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Please include “Water Resource Manager – Fort McMurray” in your email subject line. Salary expectations are also appreciated and may be included in your cover letter. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.