Apr 20, 2020
At Hatfield, the Health and Safety of our employees, clients, and sub-contractors is of primary importance. Hatfield senior management is closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 in Canada and internationally and using information available from the Public Health Agency of Canada, World Health Organization and all levels of government to guide our ongoing response to the current crisis.
While all of our offices remain open, Hatfield has moved to a working-from-home model for most staff and has continued to implement field operations where it has been deemed safe to do so. We have also developed and implemented an Infectious Disease Control Plan, designed to guide our response as the COVID-19 crisis continues. This plan is based on Federal and Provincial health guidelines and considers its staff, our ability to operate under abnormal operating conditions, and potential mitigation measures. Mitigative actions include:
Protecting Our People:
Currently, Hatfield has implemented the following measures to protect its staff, clients, sub-contractors, and suppliers:
- Implementing enhanced cleaning and hygiene procedures for all Hatfield offices;
- Prohibiting employees from all non-essential within-country business travel, and all international business travel;
- Imposing mandatory 14-day self-isolation for those employees returning from out of country, regardless of whether they exhibit COVID-19 symptoms or not;
- Requiring self-isolation for any employee who is exhibiting symptoms, or who has been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or is suspected of having COVID-19;
- Mandating social distancing for operational activities where people cannot avoid interaction;
- Encouraging staff to work from home where possible; and
- Rescheduling all face-to-face meetings and cancelling group events, gatherings, and conference attendance.
Adapting Our Fieldwork:
In addition to the actions described above, the following measures are being taken specific to our field operations:
- Following guidance provided by Hatfield and/or clients for maximizing physical distancing while travelling in vehicles;
- Using appropriate alcohol- or bleach-based solutions to cleaning frequent touch points on vehicles, instrumentation, computers, etc. at the end of each field day;
- Requiring use of disposable gloves to pass documents between people; and
- Maintaining communication with clients, subcontractors and service providers throughout field programs to allow for rapid adaptation to changes.
Hatfield has implemented these proactive measures to prevent COVID-19 from significantly impacting our employees and our business. We will continue to monitor and adapt our approach as the situation evolves.
We are pleased with how quickly and professionally our employees have adapted to this new way of working and also that we’ve been able to continue servicing our clients with the same level of quality and responsiveness they have come to expect from Hatfield.
Please feel free to contact me or reach out to your Hatfield contact if you have any questions.
HATFIELD CONSULTANTS PARTNERSHIP