Hatfield is a technical leader in the use of remote sensing technology for environmental monitoring. Building on decades of scientific experience with optical, radar, lidar, and UAV data, we apply cutting-edge approaches to acquire, manage, and analyze data to deliver products and strategic insights. Working with Hatfield ensures:
- Multi-data approach: based on your needs, we develop cost-effective solutions using open and/or commercial data.
- Advanced analytics: cutting-edge machine learning, object-based image analysis, and time-series analysis techniques.
- Scientific approach: validated products and processing methodologies with scientific reporting.
Our expertise across sectors and domains enables Hatfield to provide robust and proven remote sensing services, including:
- Wetland classification
- Ecosystem disturbance monitoring and recovery assessment
- Wildfire mapping
- Forest extent and biomass, from boreal to tropical ecosystems
- Water dynamics, including river and lake ice
- Leaf Area Index (LAI) for water balance studies
- Land use and land cover change
Hatfield is a trusted advisor to government, private sector, and non-government clients on the use of remote sensing technology for environmental monitoring and management around the world. We regularly support international space agencies, international finance institutions, and major energy and mining companies with scientific and strategic consulting and data analytics.